HERMISTON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Hermiston Christian School
1825 W. Highland Avenue
Hermiston, Oregon 97838
Phone: 541 567-3480
Fax: 541 567-3621
To provide an academically sound education based upon the principles of God’s word.
The vision of Hermiston Christian School is to provide an outstanding spiritual and educational environment where, working with Christian families and churches, students will be thoroughly prepared to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
1. Commitment to academic excellence Proverbs 3:5-6; Luke 2:52
2. Care for teachers James 3:1; I Corinthians 9:7-14; Proverbs 29:7
3. Preparation of students Luke 6:40; II Tim. 2:1-2; II Tim. 3:17; III John 4
4. Support of Christian families Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 6:1-4
5. Commitment to excellent but not extravagant facilities Philippians 3:12-14, 4:19; I Corinthians 14:40
6. Commitment to outreach and ministry Acts 1:8; Matthew. 28:19-20
7. Commitment to Truth II Timothy 3:16; Joshua 1:8-9; Ephesians 4:14-15
8. Commitment to financial stability I Corinthians 4:2; Matthew 25:21;
Pre-School for Children age 4, prepares the students for the “Beginning-to-Read” program, “The ABC’s of ACE,” which is taught in kindergarten and reviewed in first Grade. This full-color phonics program is based on the principles of mastery learning. This ensures the student has mastered the skill before continuing to the next level. In the early elementary grades, students are given a firm foundation in math and reading skills. Our kindergarten is an all-day kindergarten, which continues with the ABC’s of ACE Learn to Read Program, giving our kindergarten students a firm foundation in reading skills, in addition to math, art, music and P.E.
Students in grades 1-8 are taught using Accelerated Christian Education PACE’s in Math, English, Social Studies, Science, Word Building and Bible. Art, music and PE are group classes. The PACE’s are a computer controlled vocabulary mastery program, which are designed to not only teach new concepts, but continue to build on reading skill, which is so important for student success.
* Individualized approach – each student is given a diagnostic test and placed at their performance level.
* Self-instructional materials – students are able to work on their own, requesting help as needed.
* Mastery-based learning
* Goal setting skills
* Biblically-based materials
* Spiritual Emphasis
* Motivational encouragement
* Critical thinking skills
* Complete academic program
* Kindergarten through college levels
Since 1970, A.C.E. PACE’s have proven to be effective tools for goal setting and achieving academic excellence and spiritual maturity. Graduates, who have gone through the program K-12, have excelled
in higher education.
Grades 9-12 also utilize an on-line curriculum from Alpha Omega Publications called Ignitia in Bible and other elective subjects. High school students are also allowed to participate in elective classes not
offered by us at the local public school.
HCS, a ministry of Hermiston Christian Center, occupies the lower portion of the church building and includes four large classrooms, a lunch room, kitchen, and locker room/restroom. Each classroom is equipped for individualized learning.
Our Classrooms are all designed for each student to have his or her own workstation. Each class also has computers for student use.
Our Playing field is over three acres in size and is large enough for football, softball, soccer and many other outdoor sports. This provides our students with a safe, outdoor place to run and play.